Wednesday, September 3, 2008

90210

ExPage here. I've decided that since the peacock mafia has been MIA for the past 6 months, I would take it upon myself to TRY to update regularly. Since I watch almost everything on TV, my updates are going to be about what I watched recently. Mostly because my friends don't want to listen to me.

So 90210 is back. The big premiere was last night. It was a 2 hour spectacle - which really was just 2 separate episodes played back to back. I am sort of undecided at the moment - leaning towards NOT liking it. I mean, yes I am going to watch it but it was definitely a bit of a letdown, which we all should have known because the CW didn't sent out screeners to critics. Always a bad sign.

Jessica Walter is clearly the best part of the show. As the boozy matriarch, she is a scene stealer, fabulous and funny. And I actually think it makes sense that the Wilson family would move to LA to be with her, so that didn't seem like a stretch.

Annie Wilson (Shenae Grimes) is the skinniest person I have ever seen. She really needs to eat something.

Lori Loughlin is playing Aunt Becky. Again. Which is fine. I love Aunt Becky. And I love Lori Loughlin. I was annoyed when she yelled at Annie for the matches she found in her pocket. If my mom found matches in my pocket when I was 15, she would yell at me for SMOKING, not assume I flew to San Fran for the night just b/c they come from a restaurant there. How did she even put two and two together???

Wait - and what girl in their right mind would call their mom FROM their dates car to say something along the lines on, "Hi Mom, I'm getting dinner with my friend from the play...no it's not a date, it's more of a hang..." I mean , she said this in front of her date. Come on.

And Spring Awakening is a MUSICAL, not a play.

Jennie Garth looks so much better now than she did in high school. And is her kid Brandon's or Dylan's? THAT is a good storyline.

Still need more Brenda to feel satisfied. No comment on that yet.

Love how Andrea's daughter goes to West Beverly, too. But my co-worker pointed out that she would actually only be like 11, so it doesn't really add up. But maybe she's as smart as her mom, skipped some grades and is now a freshman?

Spring Awakening is really smart to be a part of this. Every teen and tween in America is going to make their parents take them to see it. And come on, Annie is going to somehow get the lead, right? When the druggie lead girl like OD's and has to go to rehab?

Naomi looks like she is 35. Ah, but that definitely makes me feel like I am watching 90210. She looks like she should be Annie's crazy new trophy step mom, not her friend.

No comment on Silver yet.
Ethan is cute.
The lead guy in the play is sort of weird. When he stares at Annie, it's funny. Look for it.

My head is spinning.

No comments: