Friday, October 26, 2007

When the cat's away

I kind of hate the saying, "when the cat's away," mostly because i don't like cats, and i definitely don't like thinking of them as being in charge ... so let's change it ... when the boss is away ...

on this dreary, slow Friday it took all my energy to merely get myself out of bed and to work, and i am now spent for the day. my boss is on a mini-holiday in west palm beach and i am taking advantage of every boss-free minute.

the day started by ordering coffee for the department courtesy of THE MAN, which then extended to lunch, again, courtesy of THE MAN.

since work causes copious amounts of stress, (and knots that seem to have permanently attached themselves to my shoulder), i figured a fitness center massage was in order during the work day as well.

eventually, this tough day will conclude at the Ice Rink in Rockefeller Plaza at the Korbel Elite Curling Competition, where I will schmooze with pseudo-sports writers, and of course, lots of complimentary champagne.

oh yeah, as i type this, i am listening to my ipod via my boss's sweet bose sound system whose new home is on my desk.

who needs west palm beach when you can vacation right here at the peacock?

yes, i'm being a freeloader today, but every other day i pay a high price for being here. THE MAN owes me this day.

No comments: