Friday, November 21, 2008

Self Control

Does anyone know where I can get some?

Last night, I was planning on going to the gym, doing laundry and cleaning my kitchen. My roommate had been out of town for work all week so I sort of let some dishes pile up. From Sunday. When my roommate was still in town. So that plan was to clean it all before he got home at 10pm.

At 6:21pm my phone rings. My friend Joseph was going to Tonka's bar for drinks. What a dilemma. I really wanted to work out. I had been feeling gross this week. And I needed to do laundry otherwise I'd have to wear mismatching socks the following day. (I am currently in mismatching socks as I write this, so you know where this is headed.) And most importantly, I needed my roommate to not realize that I am a slob when he is out of town.

But I can't say no to happy hour. Tonka's bar has half price drinks until 8. I checked on citi-search to make sure. That sealed the deal.

I arrived at the bar at 7pm, even though I was in the opposite of what I would have liked to wear to a bar: a Gap puffy coat from 2000, an Animal Planet hat and my gym bag. You know, the usual for a young(ish) professional in New York City.

Why can't I say no? Fast forward six hours and at least three "Single Ladies" dance offs later...I was still out. I thought Happy Hour ended at 8pm, not 1am.

If you know where I can find - hell, even BUY- some self control, please let ExPage know. Because I am getting too old to be doing this on a school night. I am, as you know EX page, not Current Page, when this would have not only been appropriate but encouraged.

1 comment:

First Lady said...

I'm a bit disappointed to learn that ExPage's laundry excuse ONLY applies to First Lady. Hmmmmmm ...